Recently, a customer came to us with concerns about continuing to have us take care of exterior cleaning for her house. It seems that she read an online article that explained how damaging power washing could be for siding, roofing, and other aspects of a home.
First of all, please don't stop scheduling pressure washing for your home because of what the internet told you. Any time you have a valid concern about your home's services, this is the prime opportunity to contact an industry expert for important inside information - just as our customer did. Let's explain the answer a little bit more in-depth.
What You Don't Know Could Hurt Your House
The alternative to professional house washing is to hope that the rain cleans your exterior. How's that working out for you?
Unfortunately, rain doesn't do much more than cause visible streaks in the dirt and dust that's already accumulated on the outside of your home. The bottom line is that you need professional exterior cleaning to keep up with your home's maintenance. However, the trick is using the right techniques and finding the right company to do the work.
Here are a few things to know about pressure washing so you can see why it's important for your home:
- House washing removes contaminants that can damage your home, like algae and fungus.
- Without the right approach, power washing can damage windows, siding, and roofing.
- Proper exterior cleaning protects, beautifies, and increases the property value - ask any real estate agent how a clean exterior affects the asking price.
- Water intrusion can occur during careless power washing, and that can result in mold and rot.
- Surface cleaning is required prior to house painting, so careful house washing is a must as part of the preparation process.
Finding Your House Washing Soul Mate
So what does all of this mean? It means that you should avoid DIY house washing and be selective when it comes to picking the right company for your pressure washing.
Premium Pressure Washing is the best choice for pressure washing because we use safe but effective cleaning measures. We don't believe in taking chances or cutting corners. There's no room for collateral damage to get your home's exterior sparkling clean.
When you're ready for Hampton Roads house washing, get in touch with us. We can begin with a consultation to give you an estimate and answer any questions you may have. We can assure you that you'll be completely satisfied with the work we do and the way we handle our customer service.